Whether you are a performer, painter, or art lover, there is a ton of opportunities here at the Canvas this summer. Get involved and make some stuff with us!
Wednesday, February 6, 2013
ART EXHIBITION INTERN
Work with Canvas and Saint Paul Park and Rec staff to produce, install, and deinstall the
Canvas Teen Art Exhibition as part of the St. Paul Art Crawl. Other duties listed below.
· Help coordinate marketing and communications with young artists and schools
· Participate and take notes in the planning meetings
· Coordinate drop off and pick of artwork
· The internship will run from late February through early May. The internship requires approximately 5–10 hours a week with more hours the week of April 22.
· Applicants must be available the week of April 22 and Wednesdays from 4–6 pm. Additionally, applicants must be available from 9 am–9 pm on Saturday, April 27.Times are flexible, but should be outlined in advance with the Arts Coordinator and team. A stipend of $500 will be issued - payment to be discussed upon hiring
QUALIFICATIONS OR REQUIREMENTS
· Experience working with youth
· Background in the arts, preferably visual arts
· Interest in arts education
· Able to manage basic artwork hanging and display using paint, tools and hardware as needed
· Proficiency in a variety of social networking platforms.
· Basic computer skills. Graphic design skills a bonus, but not required.
· Experience installing art is a plus.
· Ability to get work done on your own time (not always supervised)
· Organized work style and good communication skills (answering questions, sending e-mail replies, etc.)
· Basic administrative skills and ability to meet deadlines
· Job recipient will be required to pass a background check.
HOW TO APPLY
Send cover letter explaining why you are a good fit for the internship, resume (listing of the names, title, company/organization), and e-mail and phone numbers of two references to: Witt Siasoco, Canvas Arts Coordinator – firstname.lastname@example.org on Monday, February 18.
Position Type: Contractor / Temp
Job Category: Internship
ABOUT THE CANVAS
The Canvas is a teen arts program in Saint Paul, MN; a partnership between COMPAS and the City of Saint Paul Department of Parks and Recreation. We are committed to youth leadership, engaging arts programs and community-building, the Canvas offers workshops, classes, special events, materials and support for young writers, dancers, visual artists, performers and artists of all kinds.
The Canvas at Hancock Recreation Center
1610 Hubbard Ave.
Saint Paul, MN 55104
Thursday, January 24, 2013
Tuesdays from 4-5:30 pm
(Starting Jan. 29 - Feb. 19)
The Canvas Teen Arts Space, 1610 W. Hubbard Ave, St. Paul
Learn about hip hop culture and history get some instruction from professionals, and learn the basics in this month long workshop. Registration is limited to 10 participants. Email us your name, age, and phone number at email@example.com to get signed up.
FACEBOOK EVENT PAGE